Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Refinishing Wood Floors Wood Floor Refinishing Question: I Have Naturally Light Colord Oak Floors That I Want To Darken.How To Do It?

Wood floor refinishing question: I have naturally light colord oak floors that I want to darken.How to do it? - refinishing wood floors

I will present some stains, water based or oil-based polyurethane. What is easier to use for a result, even through the floor? That does not bother me, the smell of oil base. However, I am a little worried because I know the color of the floors of a substantial and do not know want to change what type of stain polyurethane mixture is best. I would be glad of any comments on the selection of an option that gives me the best results. Thank you.

4 comments:

fyea1 said...

Whatever you use, you must disconnect the original goal of the first ... to mention the new job, that the habit of the old ..

dtwladyh... said...

If you already have. The dark floors show on dirt. I would not. I have dark soil, we focus clearly on a floating wood floor. To furniture and again that I never met anyone who was black, and he loved very much.

GeriGeri said...

Not only do you need to do to prepare the ground, the first thing to know what were stained with the first base. Put water on a basis of existing wells will be devastating!

Jason F said...

As I said in my oak floors. I Minwax products ... the location and Polyu. The dye is used or too dark stained oak are probably present, even very dry. (Softwood tends to stain) - After using the oil-GLOSS polyurethane wool applicator with a lamb. 4 layers - looks very very very professional. My father paint your floors spotless and the water is Polyu "according to the permit and see this is not" between the two products. (But he, instead of the brightness ... do not think it was) so bright. Do not suggest that a stain result \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Poly from a combination of plants. These products are for small projects and non-professionals who use them. I strongly recommends the area ... If you need to make a paste of wood using all the light of the stain does not stain the filler to take.

Post a Comment